June 6, 2013:
So at this point, I've totally lost track of the days, and what day in the week it is, but I believe this is only Day 7 of my trip! Sheesh only 7 days and I feel like I've already seen and done so much! Can't believe I'm not even half way through this trip.....lol.
It was crazy to see how much of a tourist trap it was here, before even getting off the bus, people were swarming towards our bus selling "raybans" and "Gucci" and "Louis Vuitton" bags....it was crazy!
So our first night here in Florence, we had a group dinner at the restaurant on site, and as usual, it was a combination of chicken and pasta. I swear by the time I'm done with this trip, I'm not going to want pasta for at least 3 months. Haha!
After that the club on site, was having a Black and White themed party, so we decided to go to that, and had some fun for the night before we headed into Florence for our tour in the morning.
So at this point, I've totally lost track of the days, and what day in the week it is, but I believe this is only Day 7 of my trip! Sheesh only 7 days and I feel like I've already seen and done so much! Can't believe I'm not even half way through this trip.....lol.
Anyways, so today we headed to Florence, but not without a stop at the all famous structural fail: The Leaning Tower of Pisa!!!! We got off here and of course did the typical tourist pictures, pushing it, holding it, catching it, etc. Their is literally not much else here besides the tower, other than that this city is a university town.
It was crazy to see how much of a tourist trap it was here, before even getting off the bus, people were swarming towards our bus selling "raybans" and "Gucci" and "Louis Vuitton" bags....it was crazy!
I haven't seen this as much in any of the other cities that I've been to, as much as I have been seeing it in Italy!
We then spent the night in Florence at a "campsite" hostel. This place was ridiculously nice compared to any campsite I've seen and definitely better than what I was expecting when I saw a campsite hostel on my tour plans for lodging! It was truly like a resort you might find in the Caribbean or Mexico with campers and tents and no free all inclusive alcohol. I was okay with this. It had three pools, water slides galore, a tennis court, putt putt, two really nice restaurants, villas, a bar with live music, a supermarket on site, and even a club. It was great, too bad we only had one night here!!!
So our first night here in Florence, we had a group dinner at the restaurant on site, and as usual, it was a combination of chicken and pasta. I swear by the time I'm done with this trip, I'm not going to want pasta for at least 3 months. Haha!
After that the club on site, was having a Black and White themed party, so we decided to go to that, and had some fun for the night before we headed into Florence for our tour in the morning.
| Kelly, Me, Maria, Tia |
| Free Shots: Why yes I think we shall |



No comments:
Post a Comment