My Life, My Journey

My Life, My Journey

Blog Archive

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Monaco and Monte Carlo $$$

June 5, 2013:

So our tour leader Carly, took us up to Monte Carlo just for the evening and were reminded of how poor we all were...lol! Their is a reason that Mon-aco, Mon-te Carlo and Mon-ey all have something in common: because to live and play in either of these cities you have to have money....and LOTS of it!!

Before hitting the casino area, we drove to the Palace where the prince of Monaco lives. We also drove down the track for where the Grand Prix takes place....lots of curves, but a beautiful view of the sea and cliffs!!  I can only imagine how crazy it gets up there once the race is actually going on.




Once we got to Monaco we were let loose to...as our tour leader said..."find us a sugar momma/daddy" so we can get on a yacht or get into a mansion!   Lmao! 

We went into the Monte Carlo Casino and what a bore it was! I was expecting an upscale version of a Vegas casino, and found a quiet and pristine version of it instead. Their were only a handful of tables in the middle of the room and a couple slot machines in the front and back area. Granted this may have just been the tourist casino room because I know their were other rooms that were private areas for the high rollers! I decided I had to say that I've gambled in Monaco, so I was going to put some money down. Too bad most of the tables minimums were well over my head, starting at 100 euros or more. The roulette table had a minimum of 5 euros though so that's what I played along with two other girls with me. One actually put in 50 and won 25 back! Score! 

We then moved on before we got addicted!  ;)

In front of the casino


Embarrassing story of the evening:  So after we tried our hand at the casino, we still had some time left for the evening before we headed back down to Nice, so we headed over to a place called Buddha Bar and realized the drinks were too expensive (15-25 euros per drink), so we got up and left, and then we decided we would go back and split some hookah: 60 euros for the hookah, not so bad split between 6-7 people.....right?!?!....FAIL!!! We went and sat back down only for them to tell us that the hookah was an add on....we couldn't smoke hookah without getting each person a drink, sooooo guess what....we peaced out again!  :/   Yeah pretty embarrassing I know!  I guess that's what happens when you try to get in where you don't fit in right?   :)

Grabbed some pictures before leaving Buddha Bar


That's Monaco for you in a nutshell....next stop: Pisa and Florence 




No comments:

Post a Comment