My Life, My Journey

My Life, My Journey

Blog Archive

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Avignon to Barcelona


I have to apologize ahead of time for the delay in blogging, I had intentions of being better at it while I was away, but it's been so difficult because we are constantly on the road (with no wifi), but more pictures and edits will come when I return home, so keep checking it out!   :)

Okay, so on the way to Barcelona, we had a brief stopover to break up the trip. We spent a night in Avignon, which is a small town on the banks of the Rhone River in France. It was a good evening for downtime, because it's only day 4 and we have a long way to go in the weeks ahead.

Avignon, is known as the "City of Popes", and used to actually have a wall built around it to keep the popes separated from the citizens of the city. 

We had a group dinner tonight at La Cintra, which was pretty good. I've realized after being in Paris, that 3 course dinners are the norm around here. We had one our first night in Paris, as well as one tonight. It was pretty good no complaints here.


After dinner a bunch of people went out for some karaoke at a local bar, but I was soooo tired I couldn't even function so I just  went back to the hotel and chilled out and hit the bed.

The next day we left Avignon and headed to Barcelona. During our drive to Spain, we stopped at the famous Pont Du Gard. Pont du Gard is the largest Roman Aqueduct still standing. After stopping here, and getting the chance to see the aqueduct and grab some pictures of it, we continued our journey to Barcelona!


No comments:

Post a Comment