This morning we awake to our last day on this tour: No more early mornings to get on a coach bus, no more cramped up seats for 6-8 hours daily, no more "Wakey Wakeys" and "Idiot Abroads", no more roomates and pictures of new cities daily......those are now about to be a thing of the past as we all return to our normal routine, and lives in our respective cities around the world.
However, before we depart, we get one last activity together, we visited a place called Cheese and Clogs near our hostel, which as you may assume by the name is a place where they make cheese, and clogs...lol.
You all may have heard of or seen the clogs that are famous here in Holland, so we were able to see a live demonstration of this being done by hand, which is how it used to be done, but obviously that is not the most efficient way to do it now as it is done by machinery.
After finishing watching the cheese and clog demonstrations, we all gathered together and took some final pictures together, before getting back on the bus, and making our journey back to London, where we would then go our separate ways!!!!
I hate goodbyes, and am HORRIBLE at them (for anyone who knows me, you know this), and I was not wanting to cry, so I had to make them short and sweet once we arrived in London and got off the bus. The trip over to London was sad but we all reminisced about our trip, and laughed about various moments we shared and cherished our last few hours with one another. We then got into London, got off the bus, and gave our hugs, and well wishes and goodbyes!!!!
It was such a bittersweet day, it's time to go home, to all that
I know, the friends, family, and life I am used to, but it's hard to
leave and say goodbye to those that I've met, the new cities I've seen,
and the memories made with friends for a lifetime. All of us who have
traveled on this tour together, for the past month, whether good friends
or acquaintances at the end of this, will always share one thing in
common: This Amazing Experience and Trip of A Lifetime!!!!!! I am glad
I was able to meet them all, and look forward to hopefully seeing some
of them again soon around the world, in my travels or theirs!
Xoxo to my Expat Group!!! :D

No comments:
Post a Comment